Thank you so much for purchasing Midori theme. I know you’ll love it so let’s get it all setup.
In this order you need to:
- Unzip the download you received. It will contain genesis.zip and midori.zip as well as a header.psd Photoshop file so you can change your header text.
- Install Genesis theme but you don’t need to activate it.
- Install Midori theme and activate it.
- Install the plugin listed to the right.
Plugins to install
Each of these links will open in a new window or tab of your browser
- Genesis eNews Extended – Your email subscription widget.
- Image Widget – Easily add images or ads to your sidebar, instead of using html. (optional)[/twocol_one_last]
Banner and site title
The banner is an image and included in your .zip file was the .PSD file allows you to add your custom text. This file will open in Photoshop. The fonts used are Arvo and Homemade Apple, these are both free fonts that you can download from here:
Once you have edited your banner image, save it as a .JPG file. Upload your banner from your WordPress Dashboard by going to Appearance -> Header.
The site title is set in your Dashboard. Just go to Settings -> General and add your Site Title and Tagline for your blog. The Site Title and Tagline will appear in the title bar on the Home page. Each page will display blog name | page name in the title bar to enhance SEO.
Social media links
Midori comes with a custom widget called Social Links Widget. From your Dashboard go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag and drop the Social Links Widget into your Primary sidebar. Enter the URL of any social media channel you want to display on your site.[hr]
If you encounter any issues with your theme please send me an email via my support form at http://crimsonpear.com.au/themes/theme-support/ – sometimes it’s hard to know if it’s a theme issue or something else but if you can describe your issue in detail we can work it out.